Peruvian children wi/Usanimals

Peruvian children wi/Usanimals
Children's Hunger Fund passing out Usanimals to children in Peru

Monday, February 7, 2011

I need friends!


Let me start off by saying that I was NEVER into vitamins, exercise or nutrition.

I was always naturally on the thin side and I figured that if I still looked good in my clothes, all was well in my world. I deserved a little “tire” around my waiste. Hey, I birthed 4 kids!

Then, I felt the calling. A calling to go out and travel to countries that were underdeveloped. I had dreams of feeding starving children and comforting mothers who were trying to cope. I even started taking classes toward a degree in social work.

Now the opportunity had finally arrived. A mission trip was on the horizon and I was going!

After watching video clips of mission groups back packing through the mountains of Peru and hiking through “The Bush” in Africa, I knew I was in trouble. I couldn't even climb to the top of our kids sledding hill without feeling like I was going to have a heart attack! How was I ever going to keep up with my group on a mission trip? I was pretty sure there weren't many mission trips where you could sit around all day on a lawn chair by the scenic ocean and pass out food and vitamins.

I was determined to lose 15 lbs. and exercise 20 minutes every day. I even threw in some USANA vitamins, protien bars and shakes to help me kick the sugar and pop habit. I figure as long as I am going to be distributing USANA vitamins to these underdeveloped countries, I might as well be taking them. I didn't want to be a fraud while trying to get donations.

So far I have lost 5 lbs this week! I feel great! My husband is proud of me. My jeans are getting looser around my waiste and I have more energy and less anxiety. I feel good! So, now I can safely say, I love this new health kick of mine and think I will stay with it.

My next goal is figuring out how to encourage people to donate vitamins to The Children's Hunger Fund. Feel free to give me your ideas. I want to hear from you! Is there anyone out there who has a heart for children living in poverty and the broken hearted? I need friends that will be on FIRE for this cause and keep me encouraged! Leave your comments for me!

I will now go back to studying my social work pre-requisite-Cultural Anthropology. Can't wait to hear from all my new friends!




No comments:

Post a Comment